Saturday, September 19, 2015

Day 37: Sept 19 - Tech conference (Chris)

I attended the Distributed Matters conference in Berlin today. I'd say it was quite a good conference! It was small (which I like), and had just two tracks (also like). Every talk I went to before lunch was excellent, including Kyle Kingsbury's (Aphyr) keynote. The lunch was pretty outstanding in terms of conference food (chicken curry, fish, asian noodles, very good salad, etc.). Also, they had a real espresso/barista setup available at all times (I think I had 3 espresso during the day :), as well as some other beverages always available. Post lunch talks were mixed for me (some good, some meh).




One of the fun, more general, things I learned was the expression "eierlegende Wollmilchsau". This literally translates to an "egg-laying wool-milk-sow". A euphemism for an all-in-one device or person. Somewhat similar to a unicorn in the tech world.



No comments:

Post a Comment