Thursday, November 19, 2015

In Closing (Venice)

What will you miss the most?
Public transportation and living in the middle of everything in Berlin. I also enjoyed how big all the streets felt. Other cities, like Venice and Salzburg, felt kind of claustrophobic. And Berlin was a nice difference from that.

Photo by Venice (Berlin)
What is something you enjoy about being home that surprised you?
It doesn't surprise me, but it's really nice, I missed being around my family and friends. I'm looking forward to the holidays and spending more time with them than I usually do.

What won't you miss about traveling?
The feeling of not having a home base a lot of times. 

What was your favorite place to go?
I think I really enjoyed Prague a lot. I liked what we did and tredlniks taste really good. I enjoyed walking around Prague the most out of all the cities.

What was it like being sick in London?
The worst because I could have been sick in Berlin where I've already seen stuff, but we were in London. We had a whole week and I spent it in bed instead of out.  I felt like I was tying everybody else down too.

What did you think about Stonehenge?
I kind of felt like it was smaller than I expected. It also kind of ruined it when there was concrete inside it (some of the pillars to help reconstruct). I think, at the end of the day, it's just a bunch of rocks that everybody likes to look at for some reason, so I don't feel bad for not being impressed by it. But I'm glad I got to see it because it's iconic. That's the only reason why I'm glad I saw it, otherwise I would have skipped it. I would be a lot more impressed if we were really certain as to what was behind it. 

What did you think of other culture's foods?
Photo by Venice (Prague)
I enjoyed all the funny quirks of other cultures and their food. Like mayonnaise on their fries. My chicken schnitzel was always served with jam, kind of like turkey being served with cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving, which I liked. I did NOT enjoy always having to ask for water and specifying fizzy or not. 

If you were to travel tomorrow, where would you like to go?
We didn't get to Paris, but right now it's a little scary to go there right now. I'd like to go to Greece and Rome, Italy. Or I'd go to Venice again when it's not so busy. I felt the claustrophobic crowdedness dampened the excitement of the city I had anticipated going to for so long. I couldn't slowly stroll through the streets like I had imagined we would. You had to run by and just focus on where you were going in stead of focusing on your trip. I would also go when it wasn't so rainy.

Did you overall have a good time?
Yeah! I don't know if I'd go back to the other places, but I'd definitely go back to Berlin. It was like a home away from home. It was a great city to be placed in. It felt like a giant urban city instead of like London, which was more metropolitan. Berlin felt like a giant Eugene with better public transportation and food. It was so big, but never concentrated in one spot so that it felt busy. You could always find a calm back street if you wanted to, or you could find a street with a hundred other people if you enjoyed that more. It was hard to feel crowded there and I think I liked that.


No comments:

Post a Comment